Stevens Point is located in the heart of Central Wisconsin at the intersections of Interstate 39 and Highway 10. It is home to the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point and is the county seat of Portage County with a metropolitan population of about 70,000.
Stevens Point is also home to several corporate headquarters including Delta Dental, Sentry Insurance, Skyward, The Noel Group, Marathon Travel and Herrschners.
Points of Interest:
- The Wisconsin River runs through the city and offers visitors the opportunity to fish, boat or walk along trails.
- The Stevens Point Brewery, home of Point beer, offers daily tours and taste testing.
- The Green Circle Trail is a 30-mile nature adventure for walking, running or bike riding.
- Area golf courses include the SentryWorld Sports Center, Wisconsin River County Club and Stevens Point Golf Club.
- Stevens Point is two hours from Madison and Milwaukee, while Lambeau Field, home of the Green Bay Packers and the Packer Hall of Fame, are just an hour-and-a half east.
- The University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point features a natural history museum, planetarium, the Schmeeckle Reserve Nature Center, and the Wisconsin Conservation Hall of Fame, in addition to hosting many theatrical and musical performances. For more information visit www.uwsp.edu.
For more area information, visit: www.stevenspointarea.com.